Wednesday 16 April 2014

Cover Fever: #8. Divergent by Veronica Roth



Hey all, we have another set of fantastic covers to share and discuss with you. I was in the bookstore the other day, when I noticed that Divergent had another cover update! And also with Divergent being the film that everyone is talking about I thought it would be brilliant to have a look at the covers which had been published for this fantastic book.


                     US Cover                              UK Cover



               ITALIAN Cover                   UK Cover (re-issued)



Rachel: I've never been a huge fan of the US Cover but to be honest I'm not over the moon over any of the other versions either. If I had to choose one I think I like the Italian cover best and I'm not ever sure why.  I usually have a lot to say about a cover, I do love them so, but for some reason the Divergent ones don't seem to inspire much from me.

Rachel's Final Verdict: 
The Italian Cover.

Jasprit: I actually love the US cover, when this pretty was released this is the cover that I actually bought, which kind of sucks now, as my covers of Insurgent and Allegiant are the UK ones now, so they don't match. I like the colours that they've used on the cover, and also how the dauntless sign is the focal point of the book. The setting also gives a futuristic sort of vibe, which I really like. The original UK cover I have to admit has a really pretty colour scheme (the entire series does actually), but the girl on the cover isn't really how imagined Tris to be at all, also I find the tag line of the US cover much more eye catching than the UK one. I have no idea what's going on with the Italian cover, is Tris getting ready to go to a club? Also it gives the impression that this book is an erotica of some sort. The new UK cover is quite nice and simple, I was actually wavering in buying a copy, because I really did like it, it isn't a cover which is too overdone, but is quite simple and to the point. 

Jasprit's Final Verdict: The US cover for sure!

Which book cover would you like to have on your shelves?

23 comments:

Carina Olsen said...

Pretty covers. <3 Thank you for sharing :D I.. might have always liked the US cover, hih (A) And I still like it :) So yeah. I prefer the US cover out of all of these ;p

Tanja - Tanychy said...

I'm with Jasprit here. I really love the US covers. At first I was confused before reading the book but then when I saw all the connections it's really good. :) I'd pick US covers any day. Our covers here are good too. http://www.urbanreads.rs/product/knjige-2/divergentni/
Great post, girls :)

Melanie said...

Hmm, to be honest, I am not a fan of any of them. But i guess the US one is my fav out of all of them.

The Bookish Manicurist said...

I like the US AND the UK versions, though it did suck when they switched them after book one (like Jas we got the US version and then the newer UK version).

Mands @ The Bookish Manicurist

Amanda Gray said...

I have to say, the only thing that's made me consider this series more now is the new UK covers, they are so beautiful in real life, oh lordy, they are so gorgeous! But, if I couldn't have those ones, I'd want the US ones, they all match and have a lovely colour scheme, so yeah, new UK, then US. Great post ladies! :D

Mary @ BookSwarm said...

I liked the US cover since it was different than the other YA covers out there (not so much anymore, as too many have copied the symbol in the sky but it was good) but I like the Italian version, too. Meh on the UK one.

Anonymous said...

I liked the US cover when it came out, but not so much now because of how common it is. Plus, the colors are pretty boring. I think the Italian version would look good had there not been that silhouette in the front.

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I've always enjoyed the US covers, but I see them copied so much now that I feel like they've been just a bit overdone. I think I quite like the Italian version though!

Unknown said...

Great cover analysis, ladies. I think in would choose the Italian cover as well. Thanks for sharing the fun.

Aimee (Aimee, Always) said...

Like Rachel, none of the covers really wow me. I would like the UK one if the tagline and author's name weren't there. I mean, the textures and the colors are lovely. For the Italian one, the text are aligned weirdly and yeah, looks like an erotic novel a bit. The UK redesign is okay, but the black background is kind of bland and makes the cover look really tacky. The US is the most okay one I think. :)

Siiri said...

I like the US cover, but I’m tired of it. I love the UK covers but I hate that they changed the format of the paperback. The third one is fucking huge now and I can’t put them together on my shelf. I’m beyond pissed at that even if I probably won’t ever finish this trilogy anyway.

Emma said...

I have the first UK cover and I really like that one. I'm glad that me whole trilogy matches one another. I have this thing for matching covers within a series. But I agree with you Rachel, I really like the Italian cover. There is something eye capturing about it, especially with the silhouette of the girl. Great post, ladies.

Unknown said...

oo I love the Italian cover, so pretty

Anonymous said...

The US cover remains my favorite, but I have to agree that the UK cover's color scheme is beautiful. Love these!

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

I like the Italian cover as well, but I am still partial to the U.S. cover.

Unknown said...

I really love the color schemes of the UK covers but the girl looks super young. And meek. I kind of like the simplicity of the re-issued UK covers as well but I think the US covers are still the best though.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Rachel. None of the covers attracts me as well. I've never been a fan of the U.S. cover either, but if I really had to pick one, I guess the U.S. just because it's bright and colorful. I think it's hard to pick (for me) because none of them really caught my eye lol.

maria helena said...

I like the US cover the most (with the UK one in a close second). The other two are just weird.
marelden.com

Faye M. said...

Those are pretty awesome covers, but I think I like the Italian cover the best. The US one is okay, but it already looks pretty cliché and cheesy. The UK one with the purple sky thingo is fine, but it doesn't really capture the intensity of the book. So Italian cover is the one for me. I think I can feel the angst, the fiery passion of Tris, and everything in it.

Faye at The Social Potato Reviews

Jenny said...

I think I like the US cover the best, followed by the Italian cover! I'm not wild about any of them, but I do think the fire looks cool and I like that each cover features one of the faction symbols:) The re-issued cover is my least favorite, it's almost too simple I think. Love this feature ladies!

Melliane said...

I like them! they're really nice, I think it's our French cover I like the less. Thanks for sharing, it's always interesting to see them all.

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

I like the Italian one!

Glass said...

I like UK cover more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...